Pre-1997 Models

How would you modify my 95 f150 ext cab?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How would you modify my 95 f150 ext cab?

i just put the bull bar on it last month. i come from the mustang world.. so i was thinking of putting stripes on it.. just to experiment. 2 9" stripes down the hood/roof/tailgate.. i was thinking of either gray, silver or blue (like the newer gt500 cobra mustangs that are black with blue stripes)

the bed rails dont look right imo so i might leave them off. they were just sitting on it in the picture.

current mods:
stock rims off of a dodge truck. 17s.. they're decent for now. better than what was on it when i bought it (all mixmatched)
bull bar
diamond plate on top of bed
door guard molding removed

future mods:
paint the chrome trim around the windshield black
finish removing the double sided tape from the door moldings
2 lights on the bull bar
aftermarket grill
smoke the headlights and tail lights

Last edited by FastRidesOnly; 03-31-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:08 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What does it have now? 4WD? Power everything? Tilt/cruise?

You can get factory black windshield mouldings that will last better than paint:

But if you're going black, go ALLLLLLLL black: rims, door handles, door lock cylinders, mirror fronts, grille & headlight doors, bumpers...

And I'd lose that diamond plate - I hate that crap. It looks cheesy, and it'll take your skin off. I understand the bull bar look, but it's really counterproductive, so I'd CraigsList it. If you want something that works, put a real bumper on it. Otherwise, stock '00 Expedition towing eyes are pretty easy to mount using custom brackets, and they look good. The brackets can be built to hold lights.

Obviously, I'm more of a function-over-form guy, so these are the things I'd do:
MaintenanceMaintenanceMaintenanceMaintenance - use stock Ford parts whenever possible
. .
Low fuel light
Make the oil pressure gauge work
PW/PM/PL/RKE
Dual visors
Overhead console & autodimming RV mirror , OR
Autodimming compass thermometer RV mirror
Tilt/Cruise
Class III/IV hitch receiver
(^all of that can be done with stock Ford parts^)
Power inverter (at least 1KW)
GPS
Radar detector (Bel RX65)
DVD/MP3 head unit & modest speakers
Backup camera (wired)

Last edited by Steve83; 04-02-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:00 PM
thanks. great reply.

some of that it already has.. power everything. everything works.

this isnt a daily driver so i wont be adding the radar detector. i need one in my daily driver though.. 04 cobra. 498.5 rwhp.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i dont really like the front grille guard. maybe if it was lifted it would look better, but it just looks too big as it sits right now.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:40 PM
I agree with the others. Looks good but the bull guard looks too bulky and out of place on it. The black around the windshield will look good and take the diamond plate off as well. Will clean it up.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:09 AM
I agree with Steve83, are you only interested in exterior mods? Engine mods can be another monster, 3G alt. swap, Saginaw P\S swap, Explorer injectors, transmission cooler, remote transmission filter, there's always more stuff that can be done to these motors.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, I forgot about some of those: 3G & Sag. I wouldn't mess with the injectors, and it should already have a good trans cooler, but Ford does recommend an external filter. Read this caption:

One other really nice interior mod: if your dome light has any chrome on it, swap it to the later plastic style. You won't believe the difference.

I added links to my first post so you can see what I'm talking about. The captions explain.

Last edited by Steve83; 04-02-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:07 PM
a friend of mine has the same truck different color and its on 6" and 35's and i got to say its one of the nicest trucks around (my town, in my opinion)

Quick Reply: How would you modify my 95 f150 ext cab?