Pre-1997 Models

o2 sensor help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 02:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
o2 sensor help.

I put LT headers on my truck and installed a new Bosch universal o2 sensor. I used the universal because there wasn't an OE replacement with a long enough wire harness to reach the bung in the header. My truck required the 4 wire sensor. I have a signal (black), ground (grey), and two heater wires (both white). Is it possible to mis match the white wires? The reason I ask is that I now have a check engine light that comes on only at idle and it idles rougher than before. Other than that I am completely impressed with the increased performance of my exhaust mods. BTW I noticed that the A.I.R tube wasn't plugged at the exhaust shop. Would that be an issue as well? I'm taking it back to the shop to have them complete their work and cap the A.I.R. tube on Monday. Maybe that will take care of it, I guess ill find out. But any help with the o2 would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 02-22-2011, 04:40 AM
Bump

Old 02-22-2011, 12:09 PM
According to: http://www.aa1car.com/library/o2sensor.htm you can't get the wires mixed up. are you sure theres no exhaust leaks or anything?

Old 02-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Just took the truck back to the muffler shop and asked if they could run a diagnostic to see what the CEL is all about. Apparently the ecu isn't seeing the o2 sensor and is running rich at idle. So I'm going to get rid of the connectors that Bosch supplied and try butt connectors and heat shrink tape instead. As per your your advice I started the truck and got underneath and listened for any leaks. nothing. Thanks for the advice though. I appreciate it.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Before you go cutting and splicing take your meter and check the connection to see whether the sensor is connected or the new one is FUBAR. Check the wires upstream of the connector. If you do not have at least 10.5v between the power and ground at the connector, you have a wiring issue

Old 02-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Good to know thank you. I will definatly check that out.

Quick Reply: o2 sensor help.