Pre-1997 Models

Help! 94 staight 6- knocking noise while driving

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! 94 staight 6- knocking noise while driving

So I know very little about trucks sadly and its very frustrating, especially when my truck makes weird noises and I have no idea what to do about it. I especially hate going to shops because Im a girl and they try to charge me WAY to much. If i know whats the problem I can always talk a friend into helping me fix it.

ANYWAYS, heres my problem.
my main issue right now it this knocking noise while im driving. It is consistent with the speed im going (if i go faster it goes faster) but it stops when I push on my brakes. It dosent always do it. just occasionally. sound for sure like its coming from the front end.

other issues that may have something to do with it:
Its REALLY cold outside.( i live in KY and its been abnormally cold, in the teens)
If i throw it into reverse too fast and push the gas it shuts off completely (its done that for 2 years, not really been a big issue, doesn't always do it).
My Engine sometimes makes a shaking noise, kind of a rumbling, more so when my AC is working, might be the other mount, i replaced one, the other one might be bad now. only does it while stopped. (in park and with foot on brake)
recently put new brake pads on it, but should had shaved down the roters because it shakes when I stop.
It also has a oil leak.
I (my friend) replaced the universal joints about 3 months ago, maybe more.

alright. if anyone has any ideas of what it could be that would be so awesome!

-THANKS

Old 01-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If your rotors are warped it can cause a tapping noise from uneven wear, at least mine did.

Quick Reply: Help! 94 staight 6- knocking noise while driving