Pre-1997 Models

Need advice...body work

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need advice...body work

I just picked up a 93 f150 shortbox, and it has rust, bad rust. As it sits i need both front fenders and either a new bed or serious patch panels. First, im going to order new front fenders and found some good prices on ebay, anyone ever bought any off there? If so how was the fitment? Secondly, the bed....no i can either find one or repair what i have OR i could buy some cut outs and hack off the cancer. Im gonig to be running 40" tires. Any advice is welcomed, thanks

Old 12-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Hey josh. As far as the aftermarket fenders go they fit ok. In my experience bedside patch panels are a HUGE pain to put on without warping the rest of the panel and always bubble out rust in a few years. I'd look for a bed or go with bedsides and glue them on.What general area are you in to be getting all this rust? I'm 45 minutes north of pittsburgh. I feel your pain. My 94 flareside is in need of fenders but too busy to do it cuz I do body work for a living and I'm working on everyone else's stuff. But the reason I love the flare side is cuz of the nice rust free fibreglass bed!

Old 12-01-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm in southern Wv.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If you're going to giant tires, you're gonna be hacking your body anyway. Why buy new? Get some decent used parts, chop them up the way you need, and spray them. Look thru these pics:

Quick Reply: Need advice...body work