Pre-1997 Models

Cooling system problem/Trying to identify a part.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cooling system problem/Trying to identify a part.

Hello Everyone,

I’m brand new to the forum and this is my first post. I’m desperate for some help!

What I’ve got is a 1995 F-150, 5.0 4x4. In the process of changing a cooling hose connected to the intake a small metal tube broke off. In addition to not knowing what this part is called, I'm pretty fuzzy on the best way to attack trying to replace it granted I can get a new one. I'm a relative "noob" to vehicle repair, but I have great access to most of the tools I need, and quite frankly I'm sick to death of being raped everytime something goes wrong. Can anyone else feel my pain on this???

Anyhow, I've attached a couple of links to pics of what I'm dealing with here:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4...oseproblem.jpg
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3...eproblem02.jpg

The first one is a bit redundant to what I had just described. The second one shows a closeup of where the tube broke off. You can see where I had removed a bolt in hopes of getting the rest of what had broken off of the tube out, but I'm not even sure this is going to help me. My worst fear is of course having to disassemble that entire system in order to repair it. If that's the case then I suppose I'll have no choice.

I'm fortunate enough to have a copy of the official Ford Shop manual CDROM, but I'm still unable to figure out what that tube is called or how to go about replacement.

Any help out there will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by sarumandali; 11-21-2010 at 09:33 AM. Reason: bad image links
Old 11-21-2010, 03:45 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Quick Reply: Cooling system problem/Trying to identify a part.