Pre-1997 Models

94 F150 Regular Cab (Straight 6) 2WD 8 Foot Bed Question

Old 11-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 F150 Regular Cab (Straight 6) 2WD 8 Foot Bed Question

I have a 94 F150 Regular Cab (Straight 6) 2WD 8 Foot Bed. I need coil springs and checked mine for comparison to the FCS822V Duralast Coil Springs (purchased) and there are two coil lengths more than the old ones on the truck, does that matter?

Also, I need shocks for the front end, and the G63414 list on web sites as 4WD, are they for 2WD also, they are (Gabriel Ultra) shock. Are they proper for my vehicle?

Thank you

Old 11-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Why do you need coils? If mine broke in front of the zone, I'd push the truck across town to another parts store. But you can probably get better springs for less from JBG, LMC Truck, RockAuto, TeamFordParts... Same for shocks.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Splashy, well coil springs are different in two major was, three if you include progressive springs. The overall length should be the same as your old ones at least, so your ride hight stays relatively the same. Softer springs can be achieved in two ways,. The first way is to decrease the springs material thickness (thinner spring wire) The second was is to decrease the angle from level, less angle more give. The opposite is true for stiffer springs. These are called standard springs where the windings are equal from top to bottom ( same distance between each row of windings) The progressively would springs have the windings getting tighter (closer) at one end thus giving you progressively increasing resistance as the springs are compressed. Good luck hope this helps.

Mugsy

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 94 F150 Regular Cab (Straight 6) 2WD 8 Foot Bed Question