Pre-1997 Models

94 wont go into park

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 wont go into park

Need some help or opinions.
I have a 94 5.0 w/AOD and 177k

So my Shift Lever wasn't going into Park. I read a post about the loose "gold" torx screws and tightened them up as they were about to fall off.

However, now my shift lever goes into Park and my tranny goes no further than Reverse. I am having to crawl under the truck and flip the lever on the side of the Tranny down to put it in park.

Was I supposed to tighten the bolts in a specific gear? Or is there something else I might have missed?

Old 09-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
may be a dumb question, but did you check to make sure the anchor harness (cant think of the correct name for it) for the shifter cable that attaches to a bracket on the frame just forward of the tranny linkage hasn't come loose? mine has and i have to really jam the column shifter into park in order for it to go, and i always use the parking brake just in case

Old 09-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
A '94 F150 wouldn't use the AOD; it would have either the E4OD or 4R70W. Read this caption:

The loose screws are one common problem; worn bushings & a cracked shifter tube are others. Read these captions:

To adjust the shifter cable, read this caption:

Quick Reply: 94 wont go into park