Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > Pre-1997 Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Pre-1997 Models

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 06-25-2010, 12:48 AM

Question PCV valve location for 1990 F150 6cyl 4.9L

My son has a 1990 F150 6cyl 4.9L. He found oil in the air filter. We hope it's the PCV valve or blocked hose. We can't find the PCV valve. This is his first truck, he is 16. It was a work truck and it runs great (Except for oil), considering it has 313,412 milles on it. If someone knows the location of the PCV valve, please let me know. I would be one greatful mother of a 16 yr old son.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:24 AM

Vehicle: 2003 ford f150
I think it should be right on top of the valve cover. If it's not there then maybe that is the reason for the oil in the air cleaner, someone may have "deleted" it.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:56 AM

Vehicle: 1996 Ford F150
It's in the valve cover towards the rear of the engine, almost impossible to see because of the EFI manifold. You may have to feel around to find it
Old 06-25-2010, 02:56 AM