Pre-1997 Models

egr delete???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
egr delete???

so i have a 1991 f150 with a 302. i have already taken off the smoge pump and put on the block off plate and bolts.
What else do i need to do besides get a smaller belt??
Does anyone know what vacume likes and egr lines i need to keep or that i can just block off or bypass?

Old 04-15-2015, 12:29 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 04-15-2015, 02:21 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
So you don't have to spend all day trying to read and comprehend that, I'll copy and paste the summary:

SO WHAT DOES ALL THAT MEAN?
If you look back at each system, you'll notice that each is virtually independent of each other, which means that a fault in one doesn't mean that ALL the emissions systems have failed. And you should also note how simple each one is, when you understand what each component does, and how it's designed to work. So even if you're not required by LOCAL laws to maintain your vehicle's emissions systems (FEDERAL laws always require it, and don't think your local laws will never change), there's no reason to start ripping & shredding what you don't comprehend. You're more likely to HURT the engine & make it perform WORSE than to solve any symptom you've noticed. Fix the problem - don't create new ones. A few minutes & dollars spent repairing an emissions system will pay itself back RAPIDLY in engine reliability, and in the maintainability of a stock system. If you've ripped out a bunch of random vacuum lines & weird parts, you'll probably find it VERY difficult to get helpful suggestions over the internet since NO ONE (including YOU) will know what you've screwed up.

Quick Reply: egr delete???