Pre-1997 Models

Harness search

Old 04-18-2009, 03:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harness search

I posted something on this a month or so ago, but have had no luck with my local ford guy. I have a 94 f150, 5.0 w/ 4r70w xlt pckg, 2x4. I had an engine fire and burnt up the fuse box and a good amount of the wiring as well as the brake fluid res. I pulled the old harness and took what i believe is all the info off of it but cant find it used or new here locally. The harness shows f4tb--12a581--p260f .
I have been able to find harnesses that are close to that same code but not exact,, im not huge into wiring but i was wondering if there is a harness out there that is close to this and can be modified to work with my truck, they all seem to be off by one number on the first line, instead of f4tb they all are f7tb or f5tb. Any info on how to get this truck back on the road.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:01 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
talk to f150partsguy

Old 04-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, how is it that i go about doing that, I found a harness with the same exact code but it was in a truck with a different motor and trans, but what the same yr. ( It had a 5.8 and a manual trans) Im stumped thanks for any help.

Old 04-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Read these:
http://www.mustangcentral.net/tech/part.html
http://www.wantabe.com/hdrace/dfrdpt.htm

If the entire PN is the same, then it's the same part. But every harness with that fuse block will have that base (middle) PN. If the last section is alphabetically later, then it's probably a compatible later design.

Repairing each burned wire seems daunting, but if you just take it one-at-a-time, and pay attention, it's really not that difficult. Just time-consuming. But it's about the only way to guarantee you'll end up with exactly what your truck needs. I've done it a few times - not for fire, but for theft or installing later parts.

. .

A good, thorough, ACCURATE wiring diagram is also extremely helpful. If you want a Ford service disk with all that info (and MUCH more) on it, e-mail me thru my profile.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Harness search