Pre-1997 Models

91 F150 with a 5.0 Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
91 F150 with a 5.0 Questions?

Hey All,

I have a couple of questions for you.

I have a 91 F150 with a 96 5.0 motor in it with +350k on the truck . I have been doing some repairs to it over the last few months getting it back into decent running condition. During that time I have noticed that the front crankshft seal is leaking along with the rear main. Well, you can find plenty of info the on rear main seals but I get nothing on the front seal.

My question are they both the same seal or are they different? I figure it won't be bad to change, just pull the balancer and replace it. Can I use a redi-sleeve on it to repair the seal surface like on the rear?

Next question,

The last few weeks while driving it I have had my brake trouble light along with my rear anti lock trouble light on at the same time. Any ideas as to the problem? Antilock brake module going bad, rear brakes have an issue? I don't have any driving issues, the brakes work fine, just the trouble lights are on.

Thanks in advance.

Shane

Old 03-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Kilroy1
My question are they both the same seal or are they different? I figure it won't be bad to change, just pull the balancer and replace it. Can I use a redi-sleeve on it to repair the seal surface like on the rear?
No they are different seals.
Yes you can just pull the balancer to replace the seal and yes you can put a redi-sleeve on the balancer.
Originally Posted by Kilroy1
The last few weeks while driving it I have had my brake trouble light along with my rear anti lock trouble light on at the same time. Any ideas as to the problem? Antilock brake module going bad, rear brakes have an issue? I don't have any driving issues, the brakes work fine, just the trouble lights are on.
YELLOW REAR ABS LIGHT ON AND RED BRAKE LIGHT ON --

LOW BRAKE FLUID
MASTER CYLINDER FLOAT
DIODE/RESISTOR ELEMENT
DIODE/RESISTOR ELEMENT PARKING BRAKE
ANTI-LOCK VALVE SWITCH
MASTER CYLINDER SWITCH

Old 03-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Hey Subford,

Thanks for the info. I have had a hard time just getting info on the front seal. Nobody seems to deal with them just the rear. I will call around some more to see if i can find the parts. I will also look at the suggested itmes for the brake trouble lights. (I have got to get me a factory service manual one of these days).

thanks,
Shane

Quick Reply: 91 F150 with a 5.0 Questions?