Pre-1997 Models

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all, new member, been lurking for awhile here and decided to post. I picked up an 88 F-150 last month from a kid in my squadron. A decent truck, needed shocks all the way around, front coils, "didn't have 3rd or 4th gear" (until I hooked up the TV cable on the test drive) and needed a front fuel tank. I got all that stuff out of the way and now since 4th started slipping (again) I'm thinking tranny swap to manual. The thing is, I don't know how hard the conversion is going to be if I find a 4X4 manual supercab short-box at the local yard. Anyone do this before?

Old 03-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Howdy and welcome! The TV cable is a very sensitive calibration, and must be done correctly to keep the AOD from burnin' itself up. Youtube has some vids on how to properly do it.

A10s I assume you play with, what's your job? I'm C17 guidance and controls.

Adrianspeeder

Old 03-16-2009, 08:41 PM
I've done the TV calibration by the Chilton's and Hanyes manuals and there's no change. I'm most likely going to change out the tranny fluid soon and see if that helps. I don't usually drive the truck long distances so I'm not really worried about the overdrive, that's just a nicety at this point.

As for my job, I picked up the Wart_Hawg from my years as an A-10 Weapons loader but have since moved into the CSAR world so if you see the Green Feet logo anywhere , chances are I've been there.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:51 PM
new member here to

hi all have I have been looking at the site for the last few months. I recently purchased a 2004 F150 XLT. I used the site as a resource to find the truck I was looking for and the modifications I wanted to do to the truck. The first weekend with it added 2.75 trucks leveling kit 35 12.5 BFG KM2 and 17 x 8.5 x - kaliber wheels. I would like to thank all for posting their pictures and information looking forward to posting again. thank you . NO more ram