Pre-1997 Models

Just PUrchased a 95 F250

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just PUrchased a 95 F250

today i purchased a f250

i bought it to be a work truck.... i havent checked what kind of motor it has i just know its a v8, the truck is a single cab with the long box (i believe 8 feet?) anyways i'm planning on putting a flat bed box on it so I was wondering does any flat bed box fit any truck like for example does a dodge box fit on a chevy and on a ford? or do I have to look for specific ones? also I'm pretty sure the bed it has is 8 feet long i was wondering if installing a 10 foot flat bed box would cause any problems? also i was thinking about getting some bigger mirrors... currently it has these

do yall know of any kind that will fit the truck?

well tomorrow i'll post some pictures

Old 01-30-2009, 06:45 AM
Never changed a bed, but I'd bet you couldn't change between ford/chevy/dodge. As for mirrors, look at places like lmc truck and jcwhitney to see what they have. they both have a free catalog you can get from their website.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by expedition4x4
...wondering does any flat bed box fit any truck like for example does a dodge box fit on a chevy and on a ford? or do I have to look for specific ones?
You will need one to fit a Ford (frame rail measurement varies) as well as a Cab to axle measurement. There are differernt length beds, but the cab to axle measurement is the critical dimension to make it fit four truck. You can get a Chevy/Dodge bed and make a few minor changes to make it fit. (Not recommended if you are doing it yourself.)

Are you going to install it or have it done professionally?

Last edited by Colorado Osprey; 01-31-2009 at 06:17 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:51 PM
i'm planning on buying a bed from a dodge ram... i'm going to purchase the bed and then get it professionally installed

Old 01-31-2009, 06:19 AM
As long as the people who are doing it know what they are doing it shouldn't be a problem if the cab to axle measurement is the same as your truck.

They should need to add an additional rail front to back to match your frame. Do not let them do this with a 2x4 wood stud. If they say that is what they do, take it some where else.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:58 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
you bought a truck and didn't even ask what engine it has

I agree with colorado osprey on the bed issue

Old 02-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
you bought a truck and didn't even ask what engine it has
i agree with him. type it in on google and theres a carfax history report or some kind of thing thatll tell you.
when you get the bed installed please put pictures up. i wanna know how ti turned out

Quick Reply: Just PUrchased a 95 F250