Pre-1997 Models

1995 f150 4x4 300 I6 serious motor help if you know what your doing please read

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 f150 4x4 300 I6 serious motor help if you know what your doing please read

1995 f150 4x4 300 I6 fully loaded

Ok guys I have an even bigger problem now…when I first bought the truck I did the normal oil change like you do when you buy a vehicle…. I had an automotive tech tell me to just use 5w20 synthetic that I had setting at the house…I thought that’s a little light to be putting in an older truck but I did it…so I drove it for awhile ran fine….then I had a coolant leak and figured out the water pump needed replaced so I did all that and put everything back together and it ran great for a couple months…..then one day it my oil pressure gauge started wigging out wouldn’t hold oil pressure so I checked it and there wasn’t much oil in the truck so I assumed the oil was too light and it was blowing it out….so I changed it and put a new filter and 10w30 in it…the motor had a loud tick to it but after I left it warm up the oil pressure gauge went back to normal and the motor became quiet…so I took it down the road about a 20 min drive and then another 20 min on the way back about 5 min before I got to the house it started making aloud ticking sound and my oil pressure gauge wigged out again…so I changed the oil again new filter and new oil of course and it ran great for about 2 days…I went to town about 30 min away and it just started ticking so loud it sounded like it was going to blow up…. I thought to myself I better get er home….about 10 min from my house it lost all oil pressure completely and it wouldn’t go more then 20 mph if I tried it would just die down and almost turn off…its also throwing a code on the check engine light which I haven’t had a chance to check yet…..I talked to my uncle who is an auto tech and he said that the light oil prob washed all the stuff off my parts and that’s why it did that….were all thinking I need a new engine…. I’ve also heard these inline 6’s are bullet proof…so I’m wondering if maybe I should drop the oil pan and replace the pump and pickup and so forth….any help would be greatly appreciated I can get an engine for 1500.00 through my uncles work but I cant really afford that so any ideas or fixes would be great…..thanks for taking the time to read…..

Old 01-27-2009, 05:15 PM
mileage? check your air filter for oil. get the check engine light checked out.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:54 PM
I already replied to this in the v6 forum. Go check it out.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:05 PM
one thing about these trucks is the gage isn't a gage. It has a oil switch and a 22 Ohm resister. if the oil pressure is 7psi or higher it will go to the normal range. I like to call it a analog idiot light.

Before you go nuts with this engine, and hopefully you didn't do any serious damage, is the oil still full? If so mark and pull the distributer and check that the oil pump drive shaft didn't strip. If it appears ok, get a long 1/4 inch drive extension, a 1/4 socket and a drill and turn the oil pump drive in a clockwise rotation. you should feel a smooth resistance and be able to make the oil gage go to normal. If so far all check out well, remove the valve cover and see if the oil return holes are clogged. after this report back.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:35 PM
ok guys thanks ill get back to ya

Quick Reply: 1995 f150 4x4 300 I6 serious motor help if you know what your doing please read