Pre-1997 Models

95 f 150 5.0 where to mount nos nozzle

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 f 150 5.0 where to mount nos nozzle

I have a 95 f 150 5.0.. useing a wet kit with soft plume nozzle..nos It has dual throttle body,,, I think i can mount it in the single intake pipe before it splits in to two no sure how far back... Has any one done a nos kit on 5.0 truck???

Old 01-09-2009, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't use a wet flow kit on an EFI upper manifold on a bet.
Way too many places for gasoline to drop out of suspension and puddle.
Ever seen an intake manifold explosion on a Pro Mod?
Want one on your truck?

There's a reason that they make spray bars built into an upper/lower intake spacer.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Ya the spray bar is the way to go.. But they dont make one for the truck intake.. I dont know if i can modifiey a mustang one ?? I talked to the teck guy at nos he didnt say anything about puddling i dont need that ..

Old 01-09-2009, 03:18 PM
I think, but do not take this to the bank, that the spray bar for a Holley manifold will match the truck although the runner holes are going to be bigger in diameter. Check with NOS and or Holley, one of them should know.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:30 PM
I have an edelbrock performer truck intake on it now but when we put the gasket off a mustang to check it... the runners all line up ...its just there are two bolts that are in differant locations So the truck manifold is deferant than the stang...They make the bars for other intakes but not the truck ...Thats why we went with the universal kit.. Nos says it will work ????

Old 01-09-2009, 07:34 PM
NOS makes a DRY system which will fit the truck. It uses a nitrous nozzle in the T/B but doesn't add fuel at that point. The additional fuel is added by modifications to the EFI system.

http://www.holley.com/05155NOS.asp

Download the instruction manual.

They make a spray bar system for the Edelbrock.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:16 AM
Thanks I down loaded the 05155 it dosnt show much about the truck ..I know they make a dry system for it ..If they make a spray bar for it nobody knows about it ... I have talked to holley & edelbrock... I have a freind that has a 5.0 stang with holley heads & intake... I will look at it & see how his intake is compared to the truck...I would really like to use the spray bar system...I know they make a spry bar for the mustang edelbrock manifold....Thanks for all the help..No hurry hear just want to get it right ..

Old 01-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Looks like the spray bar plate is a no go ... The holley plate will work on the stock truck manifold but not our edelbrock ...Our truck is far from stock.. 302 HO ..351 dooe heads E 303 roller cam...1.72 roller rockers...edlebrock intake.. 80mm pro m mass air calibrated to a mached set of 30# injectors 61mm duel throttle body.. long tube headers ...list goes on ...it has a dyno tuned computer chip... So that rules out the dry system... to hard to tune... So were going with the wet kit..puddling happens when you put to much in..not tuned right...shooting the nitrous at to low rpm.....Sence we have the duel throttle body were going to run two soft plume nozzles one in each side of the throtle body 75 shot each 150 shot total .. .040 n....028 f.. that will get us a safe place to start... tune it from there with a wideband...also running a rpm window switch on at 3800 off at 6000...using a button on steering wheel as actavastion switch so when were done wih a run we let off the button & clean it out good before we shut down...also running a msd timing retard box so it will retard the timing under nos...Ithink we will be fine ...

Old 01-11-2009, 05:07 PM
If you have an Edelbrock, why not use the spray bar designed for the Edelbrock? That way you get dry flow in the upper.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:04 AM
I talked to edelbrock,,They tried to match one up for me.. They make plates for all there mustang 5.0 manifolds but none of them would match up to the edelbrock truck intake we have...same with holley they make them for the stock intake...gt 40 .. holley...edelbrock...all mustang manifolds...the truck manifold is not the same it is much bigger.. Were running the HO motor but the rest of it is all the truck stuff...We didnt want to change computers & wireing harneses... we think useing the truck intake gives us more tourq.. & thats what we need because of the extra weight...were running the edelbrock truck intake # edl-3841 if they make a plate for it i would love the part #..

Quick Reply: 95 f 150 5.0 where to mount nos nozzle