Pre-1997 Models

Blower Fan Not Reaching Vents

Old 12-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blower Fan Not Reaching Vents

I'm looking at my sons 1995 f-150. I did some research on the blower fan. I pulled the fan and it seams to work fine in all speeds. The problem is, the air is barely getting to the vents. I didn't have much time to look at it yesterday. We took the seat out to get recovered. My question is, would it be easier to to pull the box apart that the heater core is in or should I try to get the dash out? How hard is it to get the dash out of the truck? I wish the kid would have said something when the weather was nice. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Steve

Old 12-29-2008, 10:02 AM
If the fan is blowing but air is not getting out the vent controls are not working. You probably have a vacuum line cracked or come off that controls the vents. It is also possible with a very strong engine vaacuum leak for them not to function as well.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:07 AM
I'll start digging into it slowly. I'm getting little airflow throughout the cabin itself, vent, defrost, floor, etc... I think I'll start at the fan and work my way into the truck. If I can just get better air movement, I'll wait till spring or just take it in to get looked at.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Old 12-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Before you get crazy with it, does it only blow out of the defrost? If so, open the hood and look at the far left corner. There is a white plastic vacuum line going to a vacuum solenoid on top of the outside heater case that always breaks. Go to Advance and get some of the smallest vacuum hose they have and replace the broken section. 98% of these problems is due to that hose.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blower Fan Not Reaching Vents