Pre-1997 Models

6" Superlift questions - Please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6" Superlift questions - Please help!!

I've got a '92F150, 5.0, 5spd manual, 4x4 with quad front shocks. I'm getting ready to put on a 6" Superlift lift kit tomorrow (Saturday). The instructions say I need a swaybar relocation kit, which I did not know I needed to buy. So, I was wondering if I could toss the swaybar? I know some of these trucks didn't even come with the swaybar. I also wanted to know if I could do this lift one side at a time? I hate getting under there with that thing up on jackstands. I would rather have one side hitting the ground at all times. If anybody has pics of their step by step lift, I'd love to have the link. Thanks. -Al

Old 11-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Most of us are running without swaybars. No big deal.

You are going to attempt a lift install without jackstands? That is a disaster waiting to happen.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:05 PM
No, I've got jackstands and plan on using them, but I don't really want the whole front end up on them at the same time. I was hoping to be able to do one side at a time. I have more faith in 3ton floor jack than my jackstands.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:47 AM
Then you have no business doing this lift yourself. Pay somone to do it safely.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:11 PM
im guessin you have that ttb front end if you do its easy to do the lift jack the whole fron end up and put it on jack stands then drop the whole front suspension off of it as for the sway bar all that is is a couple little blocks that drop it down about 3 inches where the bracket bolts to the frame mine came with some very easy to put on too have fun its well worth it

Quick Reply: 6" Superlift questions - Please help!!