Pre-1997 Models

Need help 95 4x4

Old 11-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help 95 4x4

Just bought a 95 F150 single cab 4x4, 6 inch lift. The problem is when your in gear and let of the gas there is a noise that's coming from either the trans or the drive shaft. I'm think it may need some new yoke's for the drive shaft since it is lifted and maybe even a shim to adjust the pinion angle. When you get back on the gas it goes away. Also when coming to a stop from high speed the hole truck shakes a lot. Any suggestions?

It also has about 31" tires and has negative camber so I'm guess they where a little bigger at one time. I didn't see anyway to adjust the camber without getting bigger tires. Is there any camber adjustments on these trucks?

Thanks for the help,

Mike

Old 11-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There should be no driveline adjustments with just a 6 inch lift. IIRC, you are supposed to use the stock wedge to keep the pinion angle correct.

I would start with u-joints. The easiest thing to replace and also the most likely to go bad.

Tire size has nothing to do with positive or negative camber. Sounds like the truck was never aligned after it was lifted. Are you sure it is a professionaly made kit and not something peiced together at home?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help 95 4x4