Pre-1997 Models

Purchasing a 1995 XL 2WD

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Purchasing a 1995 XL 2WD

As a "utility truck" and keep the miles off the '03 S-crew and '02 Sucrsion"... picking it up for a song. She's from Texas, so very little rust. This is a first for me, no 4X4 in a truck. I just want it to run around, errands, light work, etc. The bad news, she has been sitting for just over a year, never started. Before I dive into it, and suggestions to the ole girl before I turn the key? I was thinking of pulling the plugs and rolling the engine over a few times, with some marvel mystery oil in the combustion chamber. And then the standard oil change, filters etc. Anything else I might consider? Shes pretty much a plain Jane- XL, 300 6, five speed manual, short bed reg cab......Someday I'll lift the front end a little and level her off, and give her a more aggressive stance.
Thanks guys-

Old 11-02-2008, 09:51 AM
as long as its been sitting i'd ask if they have had any fuel stabilizer in it. repack the front wheel bearings. all the fluids and filters sounds like a good idea. how many miles? you may want to tune it up too.

Old 11-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Matts ford
as long as its been sitting i'd ask if they have had any fuel stabilizer in it. repack the front wheel bearings. all the fluids and filters sounds like a good idea. how many miles? you may want to tune it up too.
113 K... I was also thinking about the gas, I'm sure there was no stabilizer added. Probably have to drain the tank.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:39 PM
I would give the old gas a try, you won't be hurting anything

Quick Reply: Purchasing a 1995 XL 2WD