Pre-1997 Models

slight acceleration issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slight acceleration issue

alright, i was driving my 93 f150 5.0 auto to subway on a 35mph road. i was behind someone doing the same speed as me but then i noticed whenever i let off the throttle my truck would still start to gain speed until i slowed down and snapped the throttle real quick. this is the third time this has happened this year. when i bought the truck the throttle would sometimes stick so i sprayed thrust on it. it fixed it for the time i dont know if i need to spray it again. i changed my iac and tps in january when i did my motor. i cleaned the tb and iac and all the ports and etc. last week. do you guys think its the throttle sticking again?

Old 08-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Mass air or speed density?

If SD, then you could have a vacuum leak. A vacuum leak with SD is like opening the throttle.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by benmon
Mass air or speed density?

If SD, then you could have a vacuum leak. A vacuum leak with SD is like opening the throttle.
sd. i dont here any vacuum leak but i'll check it out tomorrow. but every time its happened, i happened to let off the throttle slowly or i was barely touching it from the get go. and wouldnt a vacuum leak do it all the time instead of being intermittent? and everytime its done it, all i did was snap the throttle and its like normal again.

Last edited by Matts ford; 08-18-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:56 PM
no vacuum leak, no intake leak, no leak what so ever. i just sprayed more thrust on it again and i'll just see what happens. if it happens again i'll ask again. but thanks for now.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:03 AM
Start by cleaning any & all pivot & Friction points of moving parts and up into both ends of the cable housing where the wire enters, with someone repeatedly operating the throttle's full range of motion w/a non residue spray cleaner (like Contact cleaner or the grease won't adhere). Then spray some white lithium grease (yep, u can get it in spray form) into the workings,every movement joint of throttle spring return Mechanisms also up into both ends of the cable housing. Also, watch for binding w/ the Cruise Control cable (clean & lub it too). Do you have Cruise Control?

Last edited by ymeski; 08-31-2008 at 06:08 AM.

Quick Reply: slight acceleration issue