Pre-1997 Models

bench seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bench seat

is there any way that i can undo a bracket or something and be able to lean the seat back more than it does right now, that straight up and down crap is killin my lower back

Old 07-14-2008, 06:14 PM
any body at all?

Old 07-14-2008, 07:30 PM
no theres no bracket you can remove. but you should have a power lumbar to be able to adjust the back of the bench seat.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:24 PM
nope i dont have any lumbar or anything just the two position drivers side bench seat it sucks, i want to lean the seat past straight up and down but i need to figure out how

Old 07-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got an upholstery shop and have had some experience on this matter. Two things to do. First involves pulling the seat and grinding down the stops that limiit the back from leaning. The other option is adding a pump up lumbar support (available through an upholstery shop) that would be adjustable for more or less support for your back. I've put these on many cars and even have them on my airplane and it makes a huge difference on comfort as I also have a bad back. Hope this helps.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by stich
I've got an upholstery shop and have had some experience on this matter. Two things to do. First involves pulling the seat and grinding down the stops that limiit the back from leaning. The other option is adding a pump up lumbar support (available through an upholstery shop) that would be adjustable for more or less support for your back. I've put these on many cars and even have them on my airplane and it makes a huge difference on comfort as I also have a bad back. Hope this helps.
thanks, yes this does help, but for the first option would i have to remove the seat as well as the upholstery itself?

Old 07-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sorry, I don't have a seat like yours in the shop to look at but normally, you would have to pull the seat out of the truck (just 4 bolts) and then undo the upholstery on the backrest so you can peal it up and out of the way. Then just grind a bit on the bracket that supports the backrest.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:50 PM
thanks man

Quick Reply: bench seat