Pre-1997 Models

How do you get the headlights, turn signals, corners off a 93"

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How do you get the headlights, turn signals, corners off a 93"

My current headlights, front turn signals, and front corners are looking pretty bad an i plan on re-surfacing them with plastx and some 2000grit wet sanding and polishing. Can anyone give me a detailed explaination on how to get them off? I've never had this much trouble trying to get headlights out of a car before...

Old 06-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Turn signals and corners
http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/i...rd_Bronco.html

Headlights (From Ford technical service publication CD)
"Removal
1. Remove two screws and two nuts retaining door assembly.

2. Pull door assembly from vehicle and remove three bulbs and sockets.

3. Disconnect wiring from headlamp bulb.

4. Remove two retainers attaching upper two attachments of headlamp.

5. Turn horizontal adjuster completely out of the adjusting nut.

6. Pull headlamp from vehicle.
"

In Step 1 and 2 the "door assembly" is the turn signal, corner lens and the chrome/argent surround assembly.

Ron

PS...Let me know how the Plastix works, I need to do my headlights too.

Last edited by ketyokeinnor; 06-28-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:48 PM
Dude, your the man. Thank you so much!!

Ok, heres what i did.

First, this takes a few hours, so dont try an do it 40 minutes before you have to go to work. It took me about 2 full hours, but i also did my tail lights.

Removed headlights, corners, turn signals and washed them with glass cleaner (windex)

soaked 400grit sand paper in cold water for ten minutes, then wet sanded them for about 10 minutes each, being carefull to get the edges. (also, if you have state inspection be VERY carefull not to sand off your DOT numbers off the bottoms, if you do it probably wont pass inspection..luckily we have no state inspection here in Michigan)

then soak 2000grit sand paper in cold water for 10minutes and wet sand them again for about 10 minutes each. Then make sure you rinse off all the sand/plastic residue. an dry with a terry cloth or just let them dry in the sun. Now dont s*** your pants yet, i know..your lights look more oxidized then before right? Dont worry, the plastx will clear it right up.. Now apply a small amount of Plastx (like a quarter size, add more if your lights are larger) to a terry cloth and buffed in a circle motion (like you would wax a car) slowly untill most of it had rubbed into the lense, then whiped the lense clean with another CLEAN terry cloth. It should now feel like a freshly waxed car. An your lights will function/look BRAND NEW!! I est. i got about 30% better light output from my headlights.

If you have a buffer/polisher you can use that with the plastix insted of just rubbing it in with a terry cloth like i did. But i dont own a buffer/polisher so i just polished them like i wax my truck.

Enjoy, if you have any questions let me know.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:00 AM
No prob on the info. I bookmarked it when I put clear corners on my truck. My truck is getting new headlights but my car's lights need some help. They were really nice(see sig) but then I got in a right side head-on collision and the best ones I could find at the junkyard were well, crap(I replaced both so they'd at least look the same). My left one recently got cracked from a rock on the highway and I put the old(near mint) one on. Now I want the right one to look better. Your process sounds good, so maybe if it dosen't rain tomorrow I'll give it a try.

Ron

Last edited by ketyokeinnor; 06-29-2008 at 03:13 AM.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:00 AM
let me know how it goes. Make sure when you take your headlights off you keep your hi/lo beam nice and dry. I made that mistake and now my left hi/low beam is really weak. So i ordered a new pack of VisonX bulbs today.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Old 06-30-2008, 06:15 AM
I did remove the battery, i wonder were that guy got the 2" cowl?

Quick Reply: How do you get the headlights, turn signals, corners off a 93"