Pre-1997 Models

94 problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 problem

hey everyone. i have a 94 f150 5.0 and lifted it with a 6in skyjacker kit and 35 in tires. i dont remember this problem before i lifted it so i dont know if it has anything to do with it. when im driving at about 35mph and above i get this bad shake that will come along and last for like 2 seconds and then go away for a moment then come back. this repeats until i either let off the gas or give it more gas. it kind of feels like when it shifts but im not positive.

Any help as to what this might be i would appreciate greatly. seeing as i dont want to waste my money on somethin that wont fix this problem.

thanks.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Too many variables for a simple answer, but I have the 6" Superlift and 35" tires and had the same thing. I called it death wobble. Make sure all bolts are tight. Make sure tie rods and ball joints are okay. Get a quality front end alignment, one that actually replaces the caster/camber adjuster sleeves and brings the caster/camber back to spec, and spend lotsa money on trying to balance those big tires. My Super Swampers never did balance right, but the BFG Mud Terrains run great. BTW, those stick on weights never worked for me, I had to go with the weights monted on the rim, inside and outside. It's a never ending job.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:07 PM
if it happens around 45mph it could be the tranny, flush the fluid with new and filter. Mine did the same thing until i changed ALL 14 quarts and filter. It was old fluid in the converter that made it feel like a shake. step down and it stopped, but the key was 45mph when it happened

Quick Reply: 94 problem