Pre-1997 Models

Leveling spacer with TTB?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 11:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leveling spacer with TTB?

Just had 4" lift leaf springs put on to replace my broken spring and remove the lift blocks. Looks like the rear sits a little higher now then it used to (bulldog stance wasn't as much previously).

So the question... Would putting two inch coil spacers up front work with the TTB without making any other adjustments? Would I need an alignment afterwards?
The stance doesn't bother me that much, and I've heard that it settles a little bit with time, but I think it would look a little better with spacers because it would look more like a 6 inch lift then a 4.

Thanks

Old 03-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Yes, and you would definitely need an alignment after.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by bigbronc
Yes, and you would definitely need an alignment after.
Ah, ok thought so.
My lift kit is a Rough Country 4inch. On my drop brackets for the ttb's there is two holes you can set it at. One for 4inch lift (which mine is and is set in) and one below it for 6 inch lift. I'm assuming this helps keep the axle in line due to the larger coil springs in the front from the lift kit... so if I did put in a two inch leveling spacer, do you think I should/would have to reposition the ttb's in the lower holes that are required when doing a 6inch lift from them? 4inch lift coil springs and 2 inch spacers seems like it would do the same to the front end as just 6inch lift coil springs, thats the only reason I ask.
Maybe if I give Rough Country a call they can guide me as to what I would have to do.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Sounds like you lifted the rear the same amount as the front. Thats fine, but not if you want it to sit level. If I were you I would call RC and get a set of 6 inch springs for the front and leave the rear alone, or find a way to lower the rear. Either way I wouldnt use the spacers.

Quick Reply: Leveling spacer with TTB?