Pre-1997 Models

Anybody ever break your truck for you?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody ever break your truck for you?

I just remembered a funny story that I thought I would share. One day my wife came in in a panic, she told me she had broke the truck. I just laughed, there is so little to break on my XL model that I knew it wouldn't be a big deal. She went to pull up on the door handle and it just came off in her hand.

The thin sheet metal of the door just fatigued and came apart. About an hour with a hacksaw, a drill, a small steel plate, and some rivets and it was good to go again.

I just thought it was funny because she was so upset about it. What about you, any good stories of somebody breaking your stuff?

Old 03-26-2008, 02:09 AM
Ha my girlfriend thought she'd be sneaky after she let the plumer get stuck in the yard and pull him out while i was gone. First she has no idea how to hook the tow strap up and puts it on the poor plumers weak little sway bar which didnt look so good afterwards, she then attempts to pull him out and while trying to put my 96 F150 into 4X4 low rips the **** off. She continues on digging the plummer van a good foot into my yard, at which this time i get home to see all of this and of all things shes most worried about my transfer case **** while the plumers van has over $100 worth of damage to it. Deflating his tires and stickin a wedge inbetween his tire and the rut i manage to get him out. Ha lucky me he didng notice the sway bar damage.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just last week, a friend of mine leaned on the passenger side armrest just a little too hard while trying to reach into the back seat (instead of lifting it up first), and BROKE IT OFF!!! I was pissed. I'm sure it's gonna be a PITA trying to find and replace it.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:33 AM
LMC truck should have it they have everything. Now replacing it that could be the pain ha.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:09 AM
hmm.

Cow + 91 ranger
______________ = dead cow/ truck
60 mph

Thanks bro

Old 04-02-2008, 09:22 PM
My ex-girlfriend managed to kick out my glovebox somehow. 24 year old cardboard glove box though, so it was bound to rip the mounting holes anyway.
Her and a friend have been picking the felt off of my "shotgun rack" (shelf) for quite some time... gonna have to just spray paint it once its warm.
Last summer a kid I know with a Jeep Wrangler decided it would be cool to speed into a parking spot next to my truck in a gravel parking lot... wasn't too cool when his brakes locked up and he slid into my driver's side quarter panel for 1300$ worth of quoted damage.

I think other then that stuff, all the breakage has been my own doing

Old 04-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Hit my head on the door, got pissed hit the door, dented it.

Wife was bitching, in reverse gunned it, hit a pole. Dented the bumper, tilted the bed. All fixed now.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:28 PM
friend was going into basic and it was the last week he was gonna be here and he was staying with me and he broke the inside door handle and my passenger outside door handle. freaky stuff. dont know exactly how he did it but he did! OH well got it fixed thos. Also friend was helping me push me truck into my sloped driveway the other day and had to back it into my truck and broke my headlight and license plate holder!

Quick Reply: Anybody ever break your truck for you?