Pre-1997 Models

Sugguestions for my 2wd lift project...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sugguestions for my 2wd lift project...

Ok.. so I bought This lift kit on FleaBay. And was wondering if anyone has any info on this setup. I can't find a kit like this for sale, but maybe thats because they are obsolete now?

This is a page with a video of the suspension in action. Video of it in action

Pic of the truck it was installed on..

The fact that it dosent require drop brackets made me wonder, but then again, I've never had any experience lifting anything before so its all new to me. I assume I'm going to need new shocks, and some longer brake lines, but after searching, I found the shocks, but no luck so far on the brake lines.

Also I plan on using 33 or 35 inch tires, and I believe I have 4.10 gears, I'm assuming this would be ok? I would like to think that being geared that low, and with bigger tires I would get better mileage? I have no clue.. any info would be helpful. Thanks!

1989 F-150 Custom 2WD 4.9L 232,000 miles and still rolling..

Old 03-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok... I see Russel PN # 696150 For 0-4 Inch lift applications
Pro-Comp # EXP-7330 0-6 Inch lift
Skyjacker # SJA-FBL80 / SJA-RBL80 F/R but says only 3.5" of lift

I wonder with those blocks shown if thats really 4 " in the rear. Looks more like 4 up front and like 2.5 in the rear. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Anyway was curious about the differences in these lines if some have a better design or whatnot.

For my shocks.. I don't need anything too crazy, most of my driving will be on road, with the exception of the driving I'll do at the job site's. I was looking at the Ranchero 5000's. RAN-RS5116 / RAN-RS5136 . I'm sure someone on here has tried these, curious if they worked out well.

Quick Reply: Sugguestions for my 2wd lift project...