Pre-1997 Models

suspension help

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suspension help

Hey guys, haven't been on here for a while but have a problem with my 95 reg. cab F-150. 302 V8. When starting off and slowing down to a stop, the rear end seems to "wallow," or act like I have a flat tire. There is a slight vibration at highway speeds. No flats, can't seem to see anything with the shocks. Don't drive it rough, its my daily 62 mile round trip driver. 100k on odometer. Guess you could say it has a slow wiggle from seems like the rear end more than the front end. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off I would carefully check the tread surface of the rear tires for a bubble(for lack of a better word). It sounds like that may be your problem.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Check the leaf spring mounting brackets. On my old '93 I had a similar symptom, and the front leaf spring mount brackets were broken, allowing the leaf spring to jiggle around.

But carefully check the tires as well. Either jack one wheel (if it's a peg-leg axle) and put it in N, then slowly rotate the wheel. Otherwise, get a helper to slowly inch the truck along while you examine the wheels. All sorts of stuff can get stuck in tires and cause vibrations. Also note the tread for any uneven wear.

Have your tires been balanced recently?

Old 01-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Hey guys thanks for the replies. It was a left rear that the belts inside the tire had separated. Actually had a high spot or "bubble" on it. I thought it might be a leaf spring too, but had to replace both rear tires for $270. Check your tires weekly at least fellow F-150 lovers!!

Quick Reply: suspension help