Pre-1997 Models

Other model year seats in my '96????

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 01:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Other model year seats in my '96????

Yes...another "I hate my bench seat" thread.

So, I want to get buckets or even a 60/40.

All that ever seems to be on ebay is 97-03 or 04-07 seats...and there are a ton of them out there...just hardly any for the older F150's.

There's a lot of threads here about interchanging seats..but no one ever really explains how or what it would take...or if it's even possible to put the new styles in.

Are there adapter brackets to do this or do you have to do the holes yourself...etc???

My bench is in fantastic shape...it just kills my back.

Thanks!

Old 01-18-2008, 06:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 96 has nice chairs with armrests (I am not sure if you would call them bucket seats or what) and the console in the center. This was original equipment. So, if it was available on the 96 model, then I would look for those seats, rather than try to change years. Of course if you do find 12 year old seats, you will prolly want to have them reupholstered.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:39 PM
thanks....I would love to have the armrests....arrgh.

I drive around in my work van all day with them and I'm spoiled. There's places that sell brand new seats.

I'll probably have to go w/ an aftermarket seat. They only run between 500-800 bucks.

I guess I can just wait until I get that 800.00 "rebate" that our loving government is fixin' to send us to get them!

Old 01-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should be able to put most any seat configuration in there. As long as they physically fit the cab. Use the seat brackets you have on the new seats. Only fabrication will be on the seat itself, not on your truck. I put leather buckets from a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix in my '87 Mustang. (The rear seat was a little trickier)..........

Old 01-19-2008, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by F151
You should be able to put most any seat configuration in there. As long as they physically fit the cab. Use the seat brackets you have on the new seats. Only fabrication will be on the seat itself, not on your truck. I put leather buckets from a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix in my '87 Mustang. (The rear seat was a little trickier)..........

What do you mean the only fabbing would be the seat? You mean just the brackets or "cutting" the seats up?

I'm guessing you're meaning just somehow putting the old seat brackets on a new seat? Would that involve welding or just bolts, etc?

I've done plenty of mechanical stuff..just never messed with seats in anything, so this is why I'm so ignorant about this...

Quick Reply: Other model year seats in my '96????