Pre-1997 Models

CUPHOLDERS aftermarket or possibly a Ford 'option'

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CUPHOLDERS aftermarket or possibly a Ford 'option'

I have an '88 f150 lariat, 4sp, with a bench seat. There are no cupholders I am looking for aftermarket or junkyard pull suggestions. To complicate my search/question, my dog rides shotgun (on the floor) daily, so I don't want any of the (aftermarket) ones that lay on the floor.... (she get in drivers side and walks across floor to passenger floor area).

- The middle dash area (where it slopes downward) would appear to be a good spot

- I saw a pic of someones truck of this era somewhere who had a similar flip down armrest (in a bench seat) that had two cupholders in it. Was this an option or something that I'd need to 'fabricate'.

I realize that this is a no-tech type question and that I can 'rig' something, but looking for somehting to just buy and stick in place. Everything I've seen in auto stores in either floor mount or seems so flimsy that I'd break immediately (or spill my coffee).

Old 10-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Hey normal, I just recently scavenged a nicer bench seat out of a friends truck before it was scrapped, and it has the flip down arm-rest. No cup holders, but I imagine that would be another option. You're probably looking at a junk yard pull, like you said. I was told when I was pulling a bunch of parts off the truck that I should grab the tail gate and seat, they seem to be in real demand. Good luck, Peace, Dave.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:44 PM
TPF,

Thanks for the post.

If I don't find something easily that works without fabbing, I think I will try to 'pull' another flip down armrest to play with. From the pic I saw it looks like two cup holds is possible with room to spare. Thank I'd also dig out some space for my phone and run a charger cord up through it... hate always looking for the cord and my phone when it slips around on the bench seat.

later.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Get a later bench seat with the fold-down armrest with internal storage & cupholders. Or swap to captain's chairs and either the floor console (shown below) or the center jump seat with fold-down console.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:27 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Old 10-05-2007, 02:55 PM
This isn't necessarily what you are looking for, but it is an idea.

I made a center console for my '88. It is made from 3/4 inch plywood and so far works great. I've got it set up with two hooks on the edge that the middle seat belt goes through and two angled pieces of aluminum that fit in the hole between the back and seat part of the bench (so it doesn't fly up if I hit anything or go off-road).

While it probably isn't your easiest option, its worth looking at if you can do some woodworking.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My bench seat has a factory cup holder that attaches to the front of the seat. Look on your seat in the middle facing the dash and see if there are 2 metal studs. If so you can put a factory one there and it doesn't take up a lot of space.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:58 PM
i got mine at walmart, 4 for $0.96

Quick Reply: CUPHOLDERS aftermarket or possibly a Ford 'option'