Pre-1997 Models

new to site, please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new to site, please help

hello everyone, im new to this site and im have been looking for answers to my problem for a while.please help. ok first i have a 95 f150 xlt supercab. it had a 5.0 in it with an auto trans. the 5.0 had high mileage and need alot of work. truck was wrecked by my dad, so i took over. i replaced the 5.0 with a 5.8 mildly built.after install i didnt have any fuel injector pulse signal. i played with it and found a bad ground at front core support. front clip was off due to being wrecked. i tightened all the grounds i could find. started up easy and ran pretty decent without being timed. then i found a bad water leak at the lower intake. so off came the intake and was resealed. since the reseal of the intake same problem. no injector pulse, no fire from coil. coil gets power. all sensors get power. i have tried adding grounds all over the place. from block to frame etc. i have replaced the ign. module on the left front fender almost finished the install on the front clip. computer was trial fitted before intake was resealed.i know its not the computer because it ran the day before i resealed the intake. no pinched wires on the intake. replaced relays, checked fuses, fuel pumps come on and have plenty fuel pressure. checked the trans shift cable and switch. truck is in park etc.engine wire harness from engine yto computer headlights and starter solenoid was removed and cut open to find any shorts and ohmed out. no luck there. all plugs are connected and all grounds connected. as far as i can see and tell. please any help or ideas would be greatly appicated. thanks in advance

Old 08-25-2007, 05:29 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Get a Haynes manual & follow the ignition diagnostic procedure, usually in Ch.5 Sec.5 . Make sure the 8-pin round distributor connector is plugged in securely.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks. i have been checking everything i can think of. i have a shope manual and have been looking at the wiring diagrams. i also have tried plugging in the 302 dist and turning it with a drill to show a crank signal and still no spark or injector pulse. thank i will double check all of that. any other suggestion?

Old 08-26-2007, 01:38 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Not until after you've done that procedure.

Quick Reply: new to site, please help