Pre-1997 Models

looking for VERY RARE 95 f150

Old 08-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for VERY RARE 95 f150

Here is a picture of my 96 f150 xlt which i did a pretty detailed restoration on back in 2004. Everything came off for paint,doors,hood,bed grill radiator ECT, The only way you would know the truck was green is from the paint code.The color is 95 JA bright sapphire metallic..They only made the color 1 year on f150s (95 I bought one new in 95.I searched many years to find a nice one to start with and i finally found one in georgia. I wanted to build another one to drive on the weekends.This truck is flawless.And was before i started ,making the restoration easy and the finished product awesome.This 96 specific truck is very rare because it is a factory shortbed 5.0 XLT with super engine cooling which includes a very rare front bumper and a factory tachometer.Perfect canidate for a little custom pick-up.I ended up spending about $16k total and well worth it.This truck came out absolutley stunning.Every piece of chrome is new from ford.The attention to detail really stands out.The truck looks brand new.

I use this truck for a weekend driver .I painted the 96 a 95 color because its so rare and so sharp in the 2wd shortbed xlt platform.I named it old school because i designed it the way alot of these trucks looked in the days they were built.15X10x and 15X8s wheels and a clean appearance. A very simple truck in the right color with just an air dam and roll pan..None of this 20" bull***** LOL I know where the original one i bought in 95 is, but its beat to death and not really restorable.

I need your help.I am looking for the same truck but a real 1995.I want to do a FULL FRAME OFF restoration bringing another truck totally back to stock/original. If its a rare truck now, im sure in 20 years it will be very rare.Factory NOS parts are getting VERY hard to get and very expensive.I know just the tailgate trim alone cost me $600 a few years ago. The only optioned the truck needs is the following.
5.0/5.8/auto
XLT
Shortbed
correct JA color code.

So to make a long story short, help me find another one of these trucks in this color.dealers didnt order many I know this for sure. Im pretty confident, I was the only one in NE back in 95 with this color/2wd/shortbed XLT configuration.

The only other one i know for sure in existance is one I saw in vegas in early 1995 which is what made me buy one when i got home from vacation.

I know some of you might think im crazy . Although ive seen my share of longeds or supercabs.I never see 2wd XLTs shortbeds for sale in this color.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Lightningquick
...super engine cooling which includes a very rare front bumper...
That bumper isn't rare. It's the PSTD bumper, which was offered as a cosmetic option on other hi-trim trucks from '94-97, but its scoops aren't functional on anything other than the diesels.
...factory tachometer.
Those are easy to add to any pre-'97 Ford truck. Just swap in a compatible tach cluster, which is easy to find.

I know some of you might think im crazy .
Well... YOU said it!

Old 08-17-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Steve83
That bumper isn't rare. It's the PSTD bumper, which was offered as a cosmetic option on other hi-trim trucks from '94-97, but its scoops aren't functional on anything other than the diesels.Those are easy to add to any pre-'97 Ford truck. Just swap in a compatible tach cluster, which is easy to find.

Well... YOU said it!
hey a$ $ crack, show me one picture of a 2wd reg cab xlt with that bumper before you go spewing out your crack.

know it alls usually know little like you have proved.......

Old 08-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
hey a$ $ crack, show me one picture...
Ummm... NO? How 'bout this: how 'bout you lick my crack? Find your own damned pics.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
The cutout bumper came out in '94 with the powerstroke diesel to get airflow down to the massive radiator.

'95 the same bumper was put on Eddie Bauer trucks standard just for the looks, and then all '96 XLT F-150/Broncos.

The supercooling package had a 6 blade fan instead of a 5 blade and I believe a dual core radiator instead of one.

XLT's had a tach standard.

Otherwise, mint truck, and nice paint!

Adrianspeeder

Old 08-22-2007, 10:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey a$ $ crack, show me one picture of a 2wd reg cab xlt with that bumper before you go spewing out your crack.
There's a dude at my school with a 2WD Reg Cab/Short Bed XLT that has that bumper. It's not the same color, though.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the info on the bumper.I didnt know that.
Let me explain again what I am looking for.
1995 xlt shortbed auto v-8 in paint code JA Bright sapphire.The truck is impossible to find.Ive been on this site since its birth. We used to help each other out whn possible keeping things positive.
I look foward to hearing from people with positive responses.Thanks

Old 09-05-2007, 07:55 AM
lightningquick,

Just a point here, Steve83 has helped dozens of people on this site, and if you look at his profile he has dozens of TSBs, and scematics scanned into the web. He commonly shares his expertise to assist others. He does know his stuff, and while you may disagree it would be polite and gracious of you to accept his assistance and anyone else's on this site for what it is rather than first spouting off in a rant about someone you do not know. Thank you for understanding and your continued assistance in this community.

-Vycan

Old 04-27-2015, 02:28 PM
95 F150 xlt

I have 95 xlt but does not have the bumper you are looking for. It's a I6. I looking to sell for right price

Old 04-27-2015, 07:46 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Check the dates on the posts, you just replied to an 8 year old thread.......

Old 04-27-2015, 10:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Id cruise that truck like no other.. Beautiful!

Old 05-01-2015, 12:07 PM
That is a nice looking sob

Old 05-24-2015, 03:20 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Holy thread from the dead dude.

Adrianspeeder

Old 06-06-2022, 02:44 PM

Here is a picture of my 96 f150 xlt which i did a pretty detailed restoration on back in 2004. Everything came off for paint,doors,hood,bed grill radiator ECT, The only way you would know the truck was green is from the paint code.The color is 95 JA bright sapphire metallic..They only made the color 1 year on f150s (95 I bought one new in 95.I searched many years to find a nice one to start with and i finally found one in georgia. I wanted to build another one to drive on the weekends.This truck is flawless.And was before i started ,making the restoration easy and the finished product awesome.This 96 specific truck is very rare because it is a factory shortbed 5.0 XLT with super engine cooling which includes a very rare front bumper and a factory tachometer.Perfect canidate for a little custom pick-up.I ended up spending about $16k total and well worth it.This truck came out absolutley stunning.Every piece of chrome is new from ford.The attention to detail really stands out.The truck looks brand new.

I use this truck for a weekend driver .I painted the 96 a 95 color because its so rare and so sharp in the 2wd shortbed xlt platform.I named it old school because i designed it the way alot of these trucks looked in the days they were built.15X10x and 15X8s wheels and a clean appearance. A very simple truck in the right color with just an air dam and roll pan..None of this 20" bull***** LOL I know where the original one i bought in 95 is, but its beat to death and not really restorable.

I need your help.I am looking for the same truck but a real 1995.I want to do a FULL FRAME OFF restoration bringing another truck totally back to stock/original. If its a rare truck now, im sure in 20 years it will be very rare.Factory NOS parts are getting VERY hard to get and very expensive.I know just the tailgate trim alone cost me $600 a few years ago. The only optioned the truck needs is the following.
5.0/5.8/auto
XLT
Shortbed
correct JA color code.

So to make a long story short, help me find another one of these trucks in this color.dealers didnt order many I know this for sure. Im pretty confident, I was the only one in NE back in 95 with this color/2wd/shortbed XLT configuration.

The only other one i know for sure in existance is one I saw in vegas in early 1995 which is what made me buy one when i got home from vacation.

I know some of you might think im crazy . Although ive seen my share of longeds or supercabs.I never see 2wd XLTs shortbeds for sale in this color.
i have a 1995 F150 Lariat i bought new. paint code is JA

Old 06-06-2022, 04:05 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
The original poster may have been pleased to see your post - 15 years ago.........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: looking for VERY RARE 95 f150