Pre-1997 Models

Wiper control module?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiper control module?

Greetings all,

Just found this forum as I just bought a 1994 F150 XLT and I was looking for a solution to my wiper (or lack thereof) problem. Let me just say first that you have a nice group of guys/gals here and I hope that you can help me with my problem, and maybe in the future I can help you all with some of yours p.s. I did do a search before posting, just cant find what i need.

So now to my problem...the wipers do not work at all. I am working on diagnosing why but the problem is I cannot find my wiper control module (interval control module). Before I get jumped on for first testing the MFS, I really dont think that is the problem, as everything as far as I can tell works on the switch, EXCEPT the wiper controls. Just to be safe, I'll try to pull it tomorrow and get out the voltmeter.

Back to the WCM...I pulled the glove box as per other threads, but I dont see it. There looks to be an empty bracket, and I am wondering if that is where it used to be (which is a bad scene if that is true as I tried to follow the wires and didnt see anything remotely resembling a WCM). I took at picture and circled where I thought it should be...could any of you more knowledgeable chaps confirm or at least point me in the right direction?

Old 07-10-2007, 03:02 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yep - that's where it should be. Is it lying down in the dash? See item #32 in the 1st diagram:

If you eventually find you need one, I have a couple of spares. Read this post & then e-mail me if you want one.

Last edited by Steve83; 07-10-2007 at 03:05 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the info...thats what I was afraid of. I am going to try to take off some of the trim where the harness goes towards the floor to see if it is sitting down there (I hope). This probably might not help, but does anyone know the color of the wires going into the WCM are so I can try to follow that color ( I should be able to use the color of the leads out of the MFS correct)?

If I find that I need to replace it...I'll make sure to drop you a line Steve83.

Thanks again.

Last edited by JackrabbitAZ; 07-10-2007 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:53 AM
The big black module behind the glove box is the RABS-II controller. Look at its connector & follow its harness down to the main harness; it's only ~3" long. Then go R about 2" & you should find the harness for the WCM (possibly with bright green tape around it) going back up ~3" to the SAME size & shape connector, but the WCM connector is white.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Wcm?

Got called out of town for work, so have been away for a bit and unfortunately haven't made much progress on fixing this. Long story short, rather than test the MFS tonight, figured I'd try to find the WCM...

I took off the interior lower panel and found this harness, which based on Steve83's description (i.e. white and same size as ABS controller plug) I *think* this is the WCM, at least there is no other harness matching that description on that side of the cab...the thing that is throwing me off is what is plugged into it...that certainly doesnt look like other WCMs that I have seen. Is this the right harness and any idea WTF the thing is that is plugged into it? That is not normal right? Pics and closeup below...

Last edited by JackrabbitAZ; 07-17-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:27 PM
It's a WCM out of its shell & taped to the rest of the harness. Small wonder it's not working. That tie-wire holding it to the other wiring is probably shorting something out. You're lucky it hasn't caught fire.

Since it's not working anyway, get it out of there. Then test all the wires, fix what needs fixin', and when you get another WCM, you can be confident that it'll work.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks Steve...thats what I was hoping it was. I will try to source a WCM locally otherwise I'll be sending you an email for one of yours.

Thanks again

Quick Reply: Wiper control module?