Pre-1997 Models

New AC Unit installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New AC Unit installed

Hey guys, I just had a shop install a new AC unit; the compressor, drier, orifice tube, and a radiator fan clutch. I picked up the truck shortly before the shop closed, but on the way home there is a roar sounding like its coming from the radiator fan or that fan clutch. Can really hear it when manually gassing the engine from under the hood. Have not ever heard this roar before and it goes away after attaining highway speed. And yes, it does feel good to finally get AC after not having it for about 3 weeks. FLA is HOT. Any ideas as to what the sound could be before I call the shop back in the morning?? Thanks.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:55 PM
it is your fan and new clutch finely working right. when they kick in they move a lot of air.

Bruce

Old 06-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Bruce R Leech
it is your fan and new clutch finely working right. when they kick in they move a lot of air.

Bruce
thanks Bruce, your on here a lot, so you must know what you're talking about, and you have a 95 like me. Just one of those noises your not used to hearing and you wonder what the heck is going on. This shop has been around for 25 years, but anybody can make a mistake. Just wondering... thanks.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:41 PM
there some folks here that know a whole lot more than I do. I'm just a On rode Mechanic here in Baja and I get to work allot on cooling systems.

I herd the same thing a while back when I put a new fan clutch on my rode truck

Bruce

Quick Reply: New AC Unit installed