Pre-1997 Models

Front End Squeak

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front End Squeak

I'm going to be pulling my rotors soon, they seem to be vibrating when I hit the brake pedal. The only thing I wonder about is that at low speeds, I can hear a kind of rubbing/squeaking upon every tire revolution in the front end. What could this be? I was thinking possibly the bearings, because I get a bit of vibration just when coasting down the road as well. If I redo the bearings, is there a chance that could alleviate the brake vibration? Or do you think it's a mixture between bad bearings and bad rotors combining to make my truck really vibrate? Any insight is much appreciated guys.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by plumprowler
I'm going to be pulling my rotors soon, they seem to be vibrating when I hit the brake pedal. The only thing I wonder about is that at low speeds, I can hear a kind of rubbing/squeaking upon every tire revolution in the front end. What could this be? I was thinking possibly the bearings, because I get a bit of vibration just when coasting down the road as well. If I redo the bearings, is there a chance that could alleviate the brake vibration? Or do you think it's a mixture between bad bearings and bad rotors combining to make my truck really vibrate? Any insight is much appreciated guys.
Rubbing/squeeking with wheel rotation is most likely worn out brake pads!!

Old 06-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Click the black Bronco in my signature & look in the Brakes & Hubs album. Your truck might have the extra rubber seal shown in one of the pics. It's known to squeak if it gets dry, so be sure to put some silicone grease (NAPA Sil-Glyd, or MotorCraft Disk Brake Slide/Dielectric Silicone Grease) on them.

Old 06-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Brake pads are in tip-top shape. Will look into extra rubber piece.

Quick Reply: Front End Squeak