Pre-1997 Models

Aftermarket A/C

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket A/C

Got a question, I have a 93 F-150 with no air conditioning, just vent and heat. Summers coming up and I am playing with the idea of putting an aftermarket a/c system in there. Has anyone done this or know how bad the installation ($$$) would be? If anyone knows a good place that sells a/c kits let me know, I have been looking online and just can't find a kit for my truck year.

Thanks, Nathan

Old 05-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The REALLY EXPENSIVE one I just put into a '75 Bronco SUCKS! In addition to being outrageously overpriced, it's a nightmare to install, doesn't look good, & doesn't work well.

I highly recommend getting used parts from a junkyard & converting to factory A/C. It'll be cheaper to buy, MUCH cheaper to troubleshoot & maintain, and it'll work better. And it's easier than you might think. There's a guy on FSB who's selling a complete sealed, charged A/C system off his Bronco that would be a perfect fit for you. Then you'd just need to pick up the plastic boxes that go in the dash & under the hood, and maybe get the bracket to put the compressor on your engine. I'd guess you could do the whole job for less than $300 over a weekend, if you do your research & make sure you have all the parts beforehand.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket A/C