Pre-1997 Models

Starting the rebuild of the Bronco...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Starting the rebuild of the Bronco (pics)...

Last December, my dad rolled his Bronco into a snow bank. Landed pretty softly, but damaged the whole front end, and little in the rear. After a few months of getting parts rounded up, I drove it into my garage and started dismantling it, here are a few picks:

I finally got the driver's door realigned, it dropped almost two inches at the rear after a couple of guys yanked on it to get my dad out:

Here's a radiator support out of a 92 F250, went ahead and primered it then painted it, I'll get it in this week:

I was a little hesitant to take on this project, but once I got into it, now I'm really enjoying it. I can see why accounts get drained when you rebuild/repair a truck. I can't wait to get my 67 mustang fastback and get crackin' at that.

Last edited by jdpollen; 08-14-2005 at 01:27 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Sweet pics. Gotta love a bronco.

Adrianspeeder

Old 08-09-2005, 10:29 PM
Sweet bro! It's looking good. Can't wait to see it all done but it'll kinda look like, well, dad's old bronco. Should be a great truck to abuse. I probably won't be up for that 500 mile dirt road drive to Prudhoe, but it won't take too much to talk me into it. See ya in a few days!

Old 08-09-2005, 10:38 PM
I have wanted a bronco for a while, and remember when your's got injured. I hope the work goes well and I look forward to more pictures along the way!

Old 08-14-2005, 01:26 AM
Just an update, I installed the radiator support, not as intimidating as I thought. Everything lined up as it should, and all the little bolts and christmas tree looking things had holes to go into. I had to replace the drivers side inner fender, so did that, the passenger side was still in pretty good condition. I've gotten both fenders sanded, primered, and painted, need to repaint one of the fenders, stupid dogs ran right over it and scratched it up in the garage (the fenders were laying on the floor):

I've gotten the hood sanded, primered, and have the bottom painted, just waiting for the paint to dry a little before flipping it over to do the top:

Hopefully, I'll have it back together on Monday. Can't wait to drive it again, but I still need to get it registered.

Old 08-14-2005, 10:00 AM
What engine and tranny?

Adrianspeeder

Old 08-15-2005, 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by adrianspeeder
What engine and tranny?

Adrianspeeder
It's got a 302 and an automatic (not sure the designation code). The kicker is is that it only has 65,000 miles on it.

Old 08-15-2005, 07:18 AM
Sweet a low milage ride!

The E4OD has 20 pan bolts and a trans code of E, and the 4R70w has I think 14bolts and a trans code of U.

Adrianspeeder

Old 08-15-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by adrianspeeder
Sweet a low milage ride!

The E4OD has 20 pan bolts and a trans code of E, and the 4R70w has I think 14bolts and a trans code of U.

Adrianspeeder
The trans code on the door tag says 'E', so it's gotta be an E40D, thanks for the info.

She's getting closer to being finished, I got the passenger fender on, put on the trim around the fender and reattached the running board. I still need to put on the pinstripping, Bronco XLT badge, and the molding. Today, I need to throw on a second coat of paint on the hood, and repaint the upper part of the driver's side fender (@#$!#$ dogs), then put everything back together again. I can't wait, neither can my wife, she says she's always wanted this Bronco from my dad, that and she wants my daughters to learn to drive in it. I hope it's around that long, should be though...

Old 08-15-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by jdpollen
I can't wait, neither can my wife, she says she's always wanted this Bronco from my dad, that and she wants my daughters to learn to drive in it. I hope it's around that long, should be though...
I guess the question is are YOU going to want them driving it after you put all this work into it?

Nice job on the B-co! Keep the pics coming!

Quick Reply: Starting the rebuild of the Bronco...