Pre-1997 Models

92 f250 5.8 liter performance...

Old 07-24-2005, 03:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
92 f250 7.5 liter performance...

My friend just picked up a 92 f250 with the 7.5 litre engine. He upgraded from a 2.8 litre S10. He wants to do some minor mods, such as intake and exhaust. We found out that K&N makes an FIPK for this engine. What do you guys reccomend? Any good websites with info regarding performance of these engines? Also, what about exhaust?

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Sorry... he literally didn't know that it is in fact the 7.5 litre not the 5.8.

Last edited by robertk232; 07-24-2005 at 04:05 AM. Reason: wrong engine
Old 07-30-2005, 03:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Get a real exhaust on there, open the intake, mild cam, roller rockers (stock ratio is fine).

Exhaust wise, yes I'd go with full lengths and true duals. You have 7.5L of motor there... having it funnel into a single pipe is silly unless it's a single 4". So your best options here would be 3" duals (or 2.75") with a crossover or 3" duals into a 4" collector. Once you look at how poor that stock exhaust is, you'll see. I'd see well over 30rwhp and at least that in torque, but probably more. It simply can't breathe.

The open filter, you can make your own as the truck is Speed Density. Just cut some 3" exhaust piping and get the replacment filter. Or hack the lower of the air box. Expect this mod to make this motor FAR louder at WOT (like that's a bad thing ) I'd expect a decent amount of power from this. Probably 14-16rwhp... more power will be there at the higher RPM as more airflow is needed there.

Stock cam is junk. Even a lil TQ/RV will suprise you. Big gains in the low speed area and more top end.

You could port the lower intake, strap on a larger Throttle Body too.

I don't recall which heads are on yours but if they're the BIG chamber 90cc+ ones, you could get the smaller ~75cc ones for a big jump in compression to gain power. Every point in compression is 4% power gain. If you care, I'll dig up the casting digits for ya.

All for now...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 92 f250 5.8 liter performance...