Pre-1997 Models

Need your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Need your opinion

Alright well i have an 94 f150 and recently the overdrive gear quit working and it didn't want to shift half the time in 3rd gear thus i need a trans rebuild, so few days after od quit working i took it in got in rebuilt and sure enough the bands and a whole bunch of stuff inside was bad that they replaced and in 3 days i got my truck back, but on the way from the mechanics i would accelerate from a stop pretty quickly and the truck would shake like heck so bad i couldn't drive it only in first gear then once in second the shake stop it shook like this when accelerating around turns also, so i took it back in and he said the drive shaft was unbalanced and he sent it away and im waiting for one to get made because apparently it was so bad it couldn't be balanced, my question to you guys is could it be my drive shaft or something they messed up inside the trans because if it was the drive shaft wouldn't it shake don't matter what gear i was in so im leaning tword trans here basically i told the mechanic im not paying for the drive shaft if it doesn't fix my problem so if its the trans im goign to have legal problems because the tran place won't take the blame for it yea im in kind of a mess here let me know what you guys think thanks

Old 06-23-2005, 09:16 PM
oh, dont despair my friend, if it is the driveshaft then ok, but if it is a trans. prob and they wont stand behind their work and u have a receipt, take it to an attorney. One call from a legal authority and good repair places will Ten Hut!

Old 06-25-2005, 06:40 PM
How would the driveshaft become unbalanced? If it wasn't shaking like that when you went in, I think there's something wrong with the tranny

Old 06-26-2005, 09:57 PM
My point exactly ill find out if its the tranny or driveshaft tommarow when i get my new driveshaft put on will see if it still shakes which im sure it will

Old 06-30-2005, 04:53 PM
:::::::::::::::::::::::
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
????????????????????

Use them as you see fit in future posts.

Quick Reply: Need your opinion