Pre-1997 Models

Guages

Old 05-28-2005, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guages

Hey all. I just bought a 1983 Bronco instruement cluster(with a tach and guages) for my truck, a 1982 F-150 with no tach and no guages. I got the Oil PSI guage working, and the seatbelt warning light goes on like it should, but I can't figure out the wiring on the Tach, Volt Guage, or the other indicator lights(High Beams, Brakes(didn't work before, so maybe that's another problem), or Turn Indicators. I've been readign my chiltons, but it only has wiring diagrams for the vehicles with the idiot lights, not guages. That, and it's REALLY confusing. If anyone's ever done this before, or has the wiring diagrams, that would be really helpful. Or if you know what I have to change to make it work.

Old 06-01-2005, 12:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd give you the diagram from my 95 but I am sure it's different. my advice would be to sign up for all data-- it's a website with ALL the specifics for each make/model year They will have a wiring diagram for sure. alldatadiy .com-- it's about $25/year but WELL worth it, the first time you run into a problem with any project. I resisted for a long time-- but when a fuse blew in my 99 Econoline, making it not run and have all sorts of weird problems and abs lights flashing at me, and Chilton's had a picture of a different year's fuse box with the inscripition "yours may be similar" (it wasn't), I finally broke down after 3 hours of trying to figure it out myself and subscribed-- ten minutes later I had the problem fixed. I now subscribe for each car I own.

Old 06-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hm. I'll consider it. And yeah, your '95 is very very different.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Guages