Pre-1997 Models

302/351 swap DONE

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
302/351 swap DONE

well, i say done. i think the solenoid on the fender is bad, ive been shorting it to get the truck to run. also, i dont have any fuel pressure, so i started it by putting gas in the throttle body. it sounds BADASS! its open header right now. i used a $10 pair of stock tube headers off a mustang 5.0. soon as i get this fuel thing figured out, im gonna drive 3-4 miles through town to the muffler shop that oughtta be a show in itself. i ll get some pics and maybe a short vid tomorrow, that is if i can get my mechanic buddy to get me some fuel pressure. so, ill be running 3" off the header, down to 2 flowmaster 40's, no cats, no smog AT ALL not even egr.
so questions are. to tailpipe or not to tailpipe (dumps)
where the hell is my fuel pressure?
why the HELL is there a solenoid on the starter AND THE FOCKING FENDER??????? this makes no since. is my key swicth maybe the cuplrit for the fuel pressure and the solenoid?????? i dunno. i havent got that far. maybe someone has some input on this

Old 04-18-2005, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh by the way. i had to swap ecu's, and ill fetch the part no.s off of it tomorrow if anyone is interested. used the harness that was on the 302, fits the 351 NICELY. the mounts i just kept the ones that were on the 351. tranny bolted right up. a/c -power steering bracket bolted right up. the alt. bracket did too, i just had to use a few washers to keep the bolts from bottoming out. i bought a HUGE 4-core rad from a/c radiator for 160 beans. the extra capacity is worth it. i installed electric fans off of a 99 maxima, awesome flow one is 2 speed one is 3 speed, i run them both low all the time, then one has a thermostat and the other high speed is wired in with the a/c clutch. everything pretty much fell together. it has been a crazy ride for me, because this truck has been sitting for 3 years, and i did it with one friend who had limited time, like myself. a lot of the stuff off of the 302 looks a LOT like the 351 stuff, the rail is much narrower, but it is identical other than that. they both had the same color injectors, etc.
i guess i have a lot of 302 FI parts i need to sell, i aint using them. OH YEAH mustang headers fit nicely, you have to dimple the lower side of the firewall on the drivers side to clear the outermost part of the flange.

Quick Reply: 302/351 swap DONE