Pre-1997 Models

'94 "Wont Start" problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'94 "Wont Start" problem

Hello again,

The new problem is, the truck takes about 2 to 3 seconds to start then I drive from place to place, no problem. I stop for gas then turn off truck. I turn key and nothing happens, no power, zip. No starter noise or anything. I let the truck drift back slightly, less than a foot and try the key again and this time the power comes on. I turn the key and get the ticking noise of the starter trying and then it fires right up. This happened 3 times now and I believe it was damp all 3 times. The last 2 times there has been no ticking noise at all, but I wait let it drift a little by pushing with my foot and it starts. I am thinking; starter, voltage regulator or solenoid.

Old 03-31-2005, 04:58 PM
Battery, battery cables???

Old 03-31-2005, 07:31 PM
same happened to me...you might need a new starter but in my case i was lucky enough to not have to get one. my problem was the little connector on your starter. it is the the smallest wire that hooks up on your starter and that may be burnt out or corroded on the metal tip. hope that helps...if you have a cool enough mechanic you might see if he has one of those connectors that he will give you or have him put one on. I doubt its the celenoid although you probably here it clicking when you try to start it.

Old 04-04-2005, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the replies. I tried what I should have done in the first place. I cleaned the battery posts and cable clamps for the posts. The positive terminal cable was loose so after cleaning them off and tightening the clamps down iI have'nt had the problem since.

Quick Reply: '94 "Wont Start" problem