Pre-1997 Models

95 F150 2wd lift help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 95 F150 2wd lift help please

Hey everyone I am new to this website and dont use the computer much but my son told me about this page so I had a few questions that some of you might know. I have a 1995 F150 2WD and I dont really like how it sits, with the front low and the back up in the air. I was told that a pair of coil springs would be the best and cheapest way to fix this. I looked on another internet page and found a company who makes 2" and 4" lift springs and was thinking about buying them. A couple questions I had are is would 4" look stupid on my truck? I lifted it with a jack the other day 4" and it looked good to me but will the springs make it look like that or different? also, what is a good company to buy them from or are they all about the same? and how involved is changing them? I was going to get a spring compressor from autozone and do it myself someone told me they will let you use it if you leave a deposit. Am I correct in assuming the only thing I will have to change is the springs, all the rest of the OEM stuff like shocks will be okay? I figure maybe ill have to get an alignment and thats it. Thank you for any help you can offer about this, Kyle

Old 02-15-2005, 11:08 PM
4" would be too much without lifiting the rear. 2" would be good, you will need an alignment. If you go 4" you need a dropped pitman arm, radius brackets, etc. You don't even need a spring compressor to install these springs. All you have to do is jack the truck up, take the tires off, unbolt the brake calipers and shocks, unbolt the springs and use a floor jack to lower the axle. Then you can swap the spring, jack the axle back up into place and bolt everything back together. A spring compressor may make it easier but i did 4" springs without one when i did my lift kit.

-Jon

Old 02-16-2005, 12:01 AM
Cool

Why not just get a new set of lower shackles and replace them instead. They will drop the rear of the truck and not hurt anything and will cost a lot less then the springs. I think I have seen them in some magazines for less $50 and a few hours of work and you would be laughing.

Have Fun & Keep on Truckin'
Dean

Old 03-02-2005, 04:55 PM
where did you see the lifting springs? i have a '94 and I want to do the same thing, I want to be able to put a bigger tire on my truck, it will fit on the back just need the front up some to clear the tire when I turn the wheel.

Old 03-03-2005, 02:33 PM
click on the product directory right next to message boards and then click on prouct selection and go to lift kits

Old 03-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Here's my truck with a 6inch lift in front (sagging at about 4) and stock in the back with 33" BFG's. I like the way it looks personally. Lift with tax and everything cost about 600, wouldve bought the camburg kit if I had the money.

Old 03-21-2005, 06:33 PM
2wd lift help

There is a company call fabtech that mainly deals with 2wd lifts a very good company and easy to install they should have all the stuff you need

Old 04-16-2005, 09:10 PM
shutupandride I cant view your pics, Could you repost the pics maybe? I have been trying to figure out how much I wanted to lift my truck and would like to see how yours looks?

Old 04-16-2005, 09:14 PM
To all, heres exact link to to front lift springs. .Lift Springs
Just enter your info, Choose suspension, and then lift springs.

Nothing personal IzzyEddy, I hate dropped f-X50's, I think they look very tacky, If I wanted to drive low to the ground I would drive around in a miata. But hey each to his/her own

Last edited by traker1001; 04-16-2005 at 09:20 PM.

Quick Reply: 95 F150 2wd lift help please