Pre-1997 Models

Hello... noobie here

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello... noobie here

Hi all...new to the F-150 family...Just picked up a 1994 RC pick up...dark green. Kind of picked her up as a "beater". However as with all prior vehicles...the need for HP always haunts me...LOL
The truck has the 302 V-8 in her...what has been done to mod the trucks? CAI, exhaust ...ect... How have the motors/drivetrain held up with the increases? I will not be hitting trees at the track in her, but it's always nice to hear a rumble when cruising, and to have a bit in your pants @ WOT!!! The truck is pretty clean with a great service record...124K on her right now. I just put in a new starter and the truck rides / runs nice.

Thanks in advance for all the input. Any advice is appreciated.

Old 01-06-2005, 08:20 PM
The motor will hold just about anything you throw at it within reason. You have mass air, so a cam swap would work nicely. Do research, and find one compatible with fuel injected truck engines. I like competition cams myself. If you don't go too wild, the stock top end will handle it. Also, I think your motor will be a roller motor, I mean it has a roller camshaft. Ford did that to late model 302's, not sure what year, though. Happy hunting

Robbie

Old 01-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the info...looking at the rear end...tag reads...

S836F
08884D11

I do not have a manual with the truck...also looks like the auto trans has been rebuilt.. Just say's Ford Metric on the pan...???

Any highlights with these??

Thanks again for the info.

So far all I have done is sliced off the second cat...ran 3" exhaust through a Flowmaster....dumped....and dropped in a K&N air filter.

Better rumble and not too loud.... still have to hear her chatter...LOL

Thanks again.

Old 01-08-2005, 07:06 AM
The trans is most likely an AODE. Are you sure the number on the tag reads 4D11, or is it 4L11? This should be the number on the lower left of the tag beside the bolt that holds it on. If it is the 4L11, you have an 8.8 with 4.11 gears and a posi unit(the L in the number is for limited slip).

Robbie

Old 01-08-2005, 07:53 AM
Just re-checked...4D11 for sure...

Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Hello... noobie here