Pre-1997 Models

Dropping my fuel tank

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 07:07 PM
BSA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Dropping my fuel tank

1994 F-150 duel tanks

Looks like I'm going to have to drop my rear tank due to trash in the fuel and drop the front tank to fix the gas guage.

What do I use to flush the tank that has trash.?

Is it had to drop the tank and will I need a special tool for the fittings on top of the tank? Is there a filter in the tank that could be clogged up? How hard is this job?

Need any help available

Thanks

Old 11-28-2004, 05:14 PM
It's not a hard job, its just a pain to get at some of the bolts and fittings. Your local parts store should have the quick disconnect tool for the lines for a couple bucks, sometimes those connectors are hard to get apart if they get rusty and corroded though. If you have a couple friends to help it will be easier to take the bed off instead of laying underneath trying to drop both tanks.

-Jon

Old 12-03-2004, 11:51 AM
Definitely take the bed off. It took me a while to get my factory tank (had a leak) out from the bottom. The flange around the tank on mine was sitting on top of the frame so I had to bend the flange to pry it out the bottom. Putting the new one in was a breeze. The fuel line tool can make or break your experience as well. Good luck

Quick Reply: Dropping my fuel tank