Pre-1997 Models

ford f-150 1989 pickup truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 03:11 PM
e-e
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ford f-150 1989 pickup truck

hello all , well today i registerd at this great community , and i made myself a gallery for my 1989 ford f150 , i realy would like some feedback on my car , maybe some tips on what you would believe improove the interior and exterior ect ect. .

my gallery

thanx and greetz e-e

---
edit

link fixt now , thanx

Last edited by e-e; 11-08-2004 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:18 PM
link doesn't work for me.

Old 11-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Great looking truck. That's why I love the late model trucks. What's with all those dark pictures of street lights and headlamps? It's hard to get a feel for the whole truck as I only see parts.

Old 11-08-2004, 03:26 PM
e-e
It's hard to get a feel for the whole truck as I only see parts.
thanx , yup your right , but i just discoverd this website 30 minutes ago , so i went to take some quik pics , but i will add lots more later on

and the pics are taking whit my cell phone

Last edited by e-e; 11-08-2004 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:43 PM
OK, the link works now. The first mod I would do to the exterior is to remove those diamond plate steps. It will make the truck look 100% better. If you plan on going the street truck route, remove the grill guard as well. If you're goin street truck, I would first upgrade the rims and tires. Wide 15's look great on these trucks in my opinion, but you can also upgrade to larger rims if you want. You might also want to do some suspension mods by either leveling the truck my lowering the rear if you're going street truck or raising the front if you're going for an offroad look. If you level the truck by riasing the front and thus, going the offroad route, I would install some 31/10.50/15's mud/all terrians on some pretty nice rims. As for the interior, you're kind of limited on what you can do here in my opinion. My 90 looks exactly like your truck on the inside, and all I have done is like you, put in a CD player. I've also got alpine type s 6 1/2" speakers in the doors. And thats about it. You could try to find a 60/40 split bench seat out of a 97-98 f150 that came with the rare maroon interior and cover it with katskin leather if you wanted to go a step further. These are just a few suggestions that I, I reapeat, I think would improve the looks of your truck. Your options on upgrades and improvements are endless, as well as suggestions on how to improve your truck. Good luck in whatever you decide to do and keep us updated on your progress with more pics!

Old 11-09-2004, 02:37 PM
e-e
thanx for the reply japickar , i have some idias now , and i decided to do this is steps ,

the first thing on my mind is that i'm going to get the car coated beneath , at the same time i'm going to give it a new paint shop (black) aluminum wheelcaps

aney thoughts about to improove my engine to enhance the liftime , i'm going to build in a gas system btw

thanx e-e

Old 11-12-2004, 06:53 AM
e-e
hey , i don't want to double post but , i needed to know how i can improove my engine to enhance the liftime ,

could a add or change somting , to the engine or somting like that , .

btw paintjob is omost done , so il post some pics asap ,

thanx

Old 11-12-2004, 09:03 AM
The best way to extend the life of any engine is to keep it regularly maintained and tuned up. You may also want to consider a synthetic oil, like Mobil 1. If you search for Mobil 1 in this forum you can read about people using it that aren't afriad to modify their engines at 180k miles, and people that have looked inside their engine after using Mobil 1 see almost no wear. It is significantly more $$ for a synthetic oil than a conventional oil, but it does extend the life of your engine, plus you can go twice as long between oil changes because synthetic oil will not hardly break down. Now if you want more horsepower, the basic three things to modify on these trucks is the intake, exhaust, and either ignition upgrade or computer chip. They don't extend the life of your engine, just give you a little more power. Keep us updated on your truck, and by the way, did you take those aluminum diamond plate steps off yet?

Old 11-12-2004, 10:17 AM
e-e
thanks for the very helpfull post , well about thous side steps , i think i'm going to keep thous , becoz i'd like to have the car a western look , and i believe it has that now.. so , what i'm going to do time by time is getting the paintjob done , black that is , coated beneath the car , gas instalation , and i'm going to buy that "flow master" or somting like that to improove the power / laziness of a gas instalation ,

so the paintshop will be done soon , coating 2 and maybe some air sytem to pump my baby up

thanx , and il keep you updated

Quick Reply: ford f-150 1989 pickup truck