Pre-1997 Models

failing O2 sensors

Old 10-23-2004, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry failing O2 sensors

I have a 94 f-150 XLT 5.0. Started having problems with surging at idel about 8mths ago. Truck then started hesitating on acceleration and would not accelerate until pedal was matted to the floor and transmission would down shift. Vehicle would then take off at full throttel. Pulled codes and came up with bad O2 sensor. Replaced sensor and seemed to take care of problem. However truck did not seem to have any power. 3 months later same problem. Replaced O2 sensor and ran ok for another 3 months. Got tired of dealing with it and took it to the dealer. Dealer had vehicle for 2 weeks before they could figure out it was the ECM causing the O2 sensor to short out. So I sent the ECU off to be rebuilt. SIA electronics called and stated no problem with ECU. I am at a loss at this point. I have also replaced the TPS, Fuel filter, EGR positioning sensor, plugs, wires. Any help would be appriciated.

Old 10-23-2004, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would try running a large quantity of injector cleaner in your tank with about 5 gallons of gas. Drive it around for an hour, and let it sit overnight. Should be better the next day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: failing O2 sensors