Pre-1997 Models

92 "nite" f150

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 02:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
92 "nite" f150

Ive recently found a truck im interested in buying at a used lot.
Its an all black single cab f150,w black bumpers mirror and grill, its got a 5.0 and a 5 speed stick.
It says nite on the dash inside, and its got the blue stripe down the side but it stops at the end of the cab on both side, those are the only things that made it distinctive from a regular truck, is there anything else that might tell me if its actually a nite edition or a copy,ohh all the nites that ive seen on the web have the stripe going all the way down the side and have an exterior emblem that says nite, after saying all this it is still a very nice truck but for such a good deal.....am i buying the real thing????.......any info would be awesome.....ps the carfax report did not specify "nite"

Old 09-21-2004, 09:20 AM
The nite designation just tells you that everything is blacked out, shouldn't be any chrome on it. It sounds like the bed has either been changed or repainted. The stripe should go all the way back and there are several different ones that were used and there should be a Nite sticker on both sides of the be at the rear and on the left side of the tailgate. If I remember right a handling package is part of it, they had the aluminium wheels and wider tires from the dealer. Also, tinted side and rear windows. There are a few other things that go with it but I can't think of them right now. I'll have to look at my window sticker, I think it was about a $4k option.
I still have my '92 Nite (extended cab 4X4 351EFI long box) but it is awaiting a heart and lung transplant, 188k of hard use finally took their toll a while ago so now it's waiting for funds for a new motor and trans, front axle rebuild and a few other things.

The Nite won't effect the price on a used one, so if it's a good deal take it.

Old 09-23-2004, 08:41 PM
all the nite's i've seen have a blue and puple strip going down the side....

Quick Reply: 92 "nite" f150