Pre-1997 Models

new interior : updated link (this should work now)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new interior : updated link (this should work now)

I just finished putting my truck back together yesterday, here is the finished product: click on the link for my album

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=4487

I would love to hear any questions or comments, please dont post anything inside the album itself, thats why I posted this thread.
Thanks

Old 08-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Very shiny. Looks like a nice clean job. What kind of paint/dye did you use?

Old 08-16-2004, 11:04 AM
All I can say is 'YIKES'. Looks like you did a nice job, but don't ya think those colors are just a tad bit bright for the interior? Gotta give you an 'A' for originality tho, as I can honestly say I have never seen anything quite like it. I would think the glare at night would make driving a little difficult too.

I am also curious as to what type of paint/dye you used.

Old 08-17-2004, 09:32 AM
True, sometimes it might seem a little bright, but everytime I think about it and look at the interior it gives me a great feeling of accomplishment and I dont regret it. I havent had any problems with it being to bright during night driving, I actually just drove an hour into jersey the other day and an hour back at night and I had no problems.

The paint is krylon fusion spray paint

Old 08-22-2004, 12:20 PM
How did you prep the old door plastic before you painted?

Old 08-24-2004, 11:44 AM
well as you can see I have not painted my door panels yet. If it is them you are refering to, a year or two they were sanded a bit, then painted with pep-boys vinal spray paint, as you can see they look horrible and did not hold up, mostly because I did not prep them and the door material is deminishing. Now as for the rest of the interior that I just finished in Patriotic Blue & gloss white, that also had no prep done to the surface, that being because the Krylon fusion paint i used is a special bonding spray paint and requires no prep, they actually recommend and tell you not to prep when using this paint.

i would be glad to answer and more questions or comments
thanks everyone

Old 08-30-2004, 05:49 AM
damn, one hell of a good job there

I kinda like the colors

Old 09-09-2004, 01:10 PM
I'm impressed!!! I've got an 85 that looks like your interior. Me , paint, and bugs don't get along together. I have a replacement radio cover that I got from a junk yard. Since it doesn't match the other cover, I thought I would have it professionaly painted. I've already tried and screwed up one. Did you replace any of those air flow covers on your dash? Two of mine are starting to crack and I'd love to replace them...Back to the junk yard??

Anyway, great job!!!

KC

Old 09-14-2004, 02:14 PM
exterior looks great! LOVE the smooth azz body color is very nice too!

interior makes me wanna puke. sorry but you asked for opinions and i'm just giving mine. waaaaaayyyy tooo ricerish for my tastes. not even just the colors, blue and white can look nice and is a pretty unique color combo, but i'd either go with flat blue and flat white on the textured surface, or smooth the pieces first if going with gloss. but gloss textured surfaces just dont rub me the right way at all

my interior of my 85 looked nearly identical to yours used to, the navy blue with the burl wood accents. I just used simple green then vinylex to get about 70% of the parts looking like brand new again, then for the pieces that were still looking old, i got vinyl spray paint in navy blue from pepboys and sprayed those pieces. just a low sheen satin to match the factory plastic pieces with vinylex applied, looks brand new.

but different strokes for different folks ya know?

Quick Reply: new interior : updated link (this should work now)