Pre-1997 Models

Looking For Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking For Help

Hello from down South,

I just recently got back into a Ford truck after several years of "other" vehicles. I bought a beater and it needs some help. Let me put it this way, it would qualify for "Pimp My Ride". I found this site and two others that should prove to be worth a lot in tech help and just all around friendship.

At this moment, I am making the truck street legal. I have replaced and rewired the ENTIRE lighting system. That works now. So I only have a few other things such as the power steering and brakes need overhauled. The nice things can come later. As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for the drivetrain working flawlessly, I wouldn't have bought this truck. lol

Anyways, I am looking for a quality vendor where I can get original or aftermarket body or mechanical parts that will fit a 1981 F150. I am especially interested in interior molding / panels and exterior trim pieces. Any help would be appreciated.

In addition, if you know of any other forums where the older crowd is more of the board style, that would be greatly helpful also.

Old 08-24-2004, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all i can say is check out ftwtrucks.com..there are a lot of guys on that site that have the older style f150's & they are a big help.trust me check it out