Pre-1997 Models

Electronic Ignition Module

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electronic Ignition Module

I recently replaced the starter, battery, solinoid, almost everthing. It ran great for about a week and I went offshore. I came back and it would turn over but would not start. Any suggestions?

Old 06-18-2004, 12:09 AM
Dont know what year you have but the TFI module on the side of your distributor could be bad. Dont know the miles either, so this might not be the issue.

Old 06-19-2004, 02:48 AM
Give us some details about your vehicle and we'll try to help out.

Old 06-23-2004, 02:24 PM
Thumbs up Electronic Ignition Module

Thanks for the input guys....

I have a 1995 Ford F-150, V-6, 2 WD, with 101,000 miles on it. I neglected it for almost three years. I mean I really didn't take care of it verey much at all. I had a company truck and was on the road all of the time. I decided it was time to get it taken care of so I had it taken to the shop. They replaced all the belts, hoses, spark plugs, battery, starter...etc. What the mechanic thought would be a lost cause when he got it was amazed at the transformation. It ran like a charm even better than when I first got it with 55,000 miles. I drove it for about a week and ended up back offshore for 2 weeks. When I got back it absolutely would not start. This is where you guys came into the story. I replace the solenoid, EIM, coil and the rotor. Convinced that it had to have been one of these that would cause it not to start. Still I got nothing. I called the shop once again and told them the story and the mechanic came over and did some diagnostics. The bottom line..it was the relay.

I would have eventually had to replace the parts that I did, and they all have lifetime warranties (Wells Parts). So I learned a huge lesson and replaced all of the parts for less than 1 hundred bucks. I also got 5 year warranties on the starter and the alternator.

My truck is all detailed now and runs great. I will post pics when I get back from offshore.

Any hints on how to keep my truck running like new please pass them on.

Thanks

Danny

Quick Reply: Electronic Ignition Module